Tell us what you think!
Top 13 Alzheimer's Disease Websites
- Alzheimer's Association: Helpful website that provides a multitude of information including current research, basic information about the disease, caregiver tips, events to be a part of, and other resources.
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America: Website has a great layout and gives a ton of information about Alzheimer's disease. Information provided includes a basic education of the disease, an introduction to caregiving, tips to home safety, and ways to connect to social workers.
- Alzheimer Research Forum: Information provided on this website is geared towards the current and past research studies conducted on Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease Research (American Health Assistance Foundation): Website has a wealth of information. Topics include treatment, living with the disease, a link to ask an expert, and current research grants.
- Mayo Clinic: The section on Alzheimer's Disease includes links to various areas of interest such as symptoms, causes, risk factors, complications, ways to prepare for doctor's appointment, tests and diagnosis.
- National Alliance for Caregiving: Various resources and educational information are provided for caregivers of those with Alzheimer's disease. Research is also given about caregiving.
- National Institute on Aging: Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center: Information provided includes education about the disease, how to find help (topics: caregiving, diagnosis, legal), research (links to various Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers are provided), and federal initiatives.
- University of Alabama-Birmingham Alzheimer's Disease Research Center: This website provides information about the University of Alabama's Alzheimer's Disease Research Center. Educational information about Alzheimer's disease is also provided.
- Emory University Alzheimer's Disease Research Center(ADRC): This website focuses on the findings of the ADRC at Emory University along with information about healthy aging, dementia, family life, and various news and events
- University of Pittsburgh: Alzheimer's Disease Research Center: This website contains information about Alzheimer's disease, caregiving, clinical trials, and memory evaluations.
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners: This website contains educational resources to include powerpoints and toolkits to support in-service training for staff, family, volunteers and congregation.
- National Institute on Aging: Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers: This website contains links and resources to Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers around the country.
- Penn Memory Center (Local Alzheimer's Disease Center): This website contains resources on Alzheimer's disease to include but not limited to clinical studies, training opportunities, support group information.